Sharon Wood Wortman, author of The Portland Bridge Book spoke at Portland State University
You can see her talk at: Center for Transportation Studies Seminars
She gives an interesting talk with some fun stories.
And of course, the usual facts and reviews.
- 600,000 bridges in US. 5,700 bridges in Oregon
- Lift types: Vertical – Bascule – Swing Span
- Bridge types: Suspension – Arch – Beam – Truss – Canteliver
- Only 160 truss bridges left in Oregon
(in my opionion, the most interesting ones in Oregon)
- Only suspension bridge in Willamette Valley is the St. Johns.
She says there is a Bridge Museum at ODOT?
We will have to check that out.
You can see her site at Bridge Stories.